SpazzOut for the FRDM-KE06Z
The FRDM-KE06Z is a low cost development / evaluation board from Freescale Semiconductor which uses the Kinetis KE06Z128VLK4 MCU. It has found its way into the SpazzTech Tool Shed as a cool little multi-purpose controller. This page will be kept up to date with cool things we learn about it and links to projects its used for.
The features that got this little board into the SpazzTech Tool Shed are:
- 32 bit Kinetis MCU
- Free tool chain in Kinetis Design Studio (KDS)
- Lots of I/O pins (64 pins if you don't count the CAN)
- Speaking of CAN it includes a CAN transceiver which will be useful for communicating with other controllers.
- Built in accelerometer
Lots of options for connecting to sensors, actuators, or other peripherals to include:
- Keyboard Interrupts
- Pulse Width Timer
- ...and a whole lot more.
It didn't cost much either...
FRDM-KE06Z Physical Parameters:
- Dimensions: 3.2 inches x 2.1 inches (81mm x 53mm)
- Weight: 14.8 grams
- MCU: KE06Z128VLK4
- Clock Speed: 48 MHz
- SpazzTech Toggle Tested at 401 kHz with high level C code.
What's a SpazzTech Toggle Test?
A SpazzTech Toggle Test is where we connect one of the GPIO to a simple external circuit and toggle it high and low without any other operations in the program. We measure the output signal with an oscilloscope to see how fast it really is. Below is the hardware set-up and the scope plot for the FRDM-KE06Z in the SpazzTech Toggle Test. Click Here for more details on how we perform this test.
- Blinky LED
- Temperature Controller (Coming Soon)
© Copyright 2014 - 2017 SpazzTech LLC. All Rights Reserved